On average, everyday on the roads of the UK 9 people die in vehicle accidents.
That's about 3400 people per year and approximately 240,000 people in the average lifetime!
Traveling by private car on the road is significantly less safe per mile traveled
many other forms of powered transport. Beneath are listed ten simple
ways to significantly reduce your likelihood of being involved in a serious
- Don't travel! Perhaps you can make a call, send email/post or request delivery. (No tyre sales for RoadTyres here!)*.
- Travel by coach, train or plane (No tyre sales for RoadTyres here either!)*.
- Keep to or beneath the speed limit, particularly in built up areas*.
- Avoid driving at night where possible.
- In adverse conditions (rain, snow, fog, icing, etc) slow down*.
- Ensure all occupants including children wear correctly fitting seatbelts.
- Turn off your mobile phone.
- Take breaks when tired.
- Never drink or take drugs and drive.
- Leave a sensible space between your vehicle and the vehicle in front*.
- Drive a correctly maintained vehicle*.
* These suggestions will also help your tyres last longer.
Finally, if you have any comments, please feel free to send them to us at
if we like them we may add them to our website.
Long may we all travel without incident.
The RoadTyres Team